Snow Mountain Properties Vacation Rental Policies
All of our rental properties are privately owned units. The registered guest agrees to indemnify the owner and Snow Mountain Properties of any damages to the premises which result from the renter’s occupancy (including furnishings and household items) and/or damages found upon departure. The registered guest is the one who will be charged for any damages his/her group causes to the property. Neither the owner now Snow Mountain Properties will be responsible for accidents or injure to guests or for loss of money or valuables of any kind. The registered guest assumes full responsibility for any and all damages that his/her group causes, or for any items found to be missing after his/her group’s visit, including linens and towels. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests of the registered renter are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
1. Declaimer– Each of our units are individually owned with their own amenities. We will make every effort to ensure that all amenities along with rates do not change, however we still have no control over certain circumstances regarding individual owner’s decisions with their respective unit without notice. Snow Mountain properties take no responsibility for errors in description, amenities, rates or location. Some amenities may change due to theft, fire or other issues beyond our control from the time of booking your reservation until arrival.
2. Reservation Policy– You must be 25 years or older to book an overnight rental unit! *At the time of reservation, the first night’s stay is required, with the remaining balance due 10 days prior to check-in. NO REFUNDS on deposits, NO EXCEPTIONS! We accept all major credit cards. We will allow one rescheduling of your reservation at no cost.
3. Check-in Procedure– Check in times are at 3:00pm. However, during peak seasons and holiday weekends, we cannot guarantee a 3:00pm check-in due to the volume of units checking out and being cleaned for your arrival. We will make every attempt to have your rental ready by 3:00pm; you may be able to check in earlier if your unit is ready to be occupied.
4. Check-out is 11am- Please ensure that you have checked your unit thoroughly before departing to ensure no items is left behind. Ensure that all the remotes for the TV’s and other electronic equipment are accounted for. Snow Mountain Properties is not responsible for personal property left behind, stolen or damaged during your stay.
5. Keyless Entry– We ask that you copy your credit card front and back and also copy your driver’s license. Then fax or email all signed documents and the copies you have made to our office.
6. Occupancy– Over-occupancy is considered a SERIOUS VIOLATION of your reservation and you will be asked to leave. Any guest having house parties, found with non-paying overnight guests, disturbing neighbors with loud unnecessary behavior or found with an unauthorized pet will be evicted with no refund and/or prosecuted. Home Owners reserve the right to set a minimum occupancy.
7. NO REFUNDS– No refunds will be made after your check-in and/or take possession of the key code packet for any reason. No refunds will be made for breakdown or malfunctions of appliances (TV, VCR, air conditioner, heater, Jacuzzi, hot tub, etc.), acts of God, and no refunds will be made (because of weather) due to electrical power, water, cable outages, location of cabin, presence of insects, type of roadways or driveways leading to your cabin or inclement weather. No refunds will be given for early departure or in cases of inclement weather, or for mechanical or service failure in the unit unless the item cannot be repaired and/or like accommodations cannot be provided within a 24-hour period. NO REFUNDS for housekeeping issues, if it is reported after your stay. IF you have an issue, please report it immediately after check-in and we’ll address it immediately.
8. Pet Friendly Units– *Pet friendly units are available. Please call our office at 276-398-3535 to ask about our pet friendly units. There will be a $50.00 non-refundable pet deposit, per pet on all of our pet friendly units. No more than (2) pets are allowed (dogs only). All pets must be crated while guest is not in unit. A $250.00 non-refundable pet fee will be charged if guest brings a pet without FIRST notifying our office. Any damage that is caused by pets being unattended will be the responsibility of the booking party to pay all damage thereto.
9. Fire Places (Wood Burning) – Only use wood and/or kindling wood to maintain a comfortable fire. Newspaper is acceptable as a catalyst to get your fire started; however, we recommend starter or ignitor logs that can be purchased at any grocery store here in town. DO NOT use charcoal lighter, gas, kerosene and/or any types of lighter fluid to ignite your fireplace or to sustain the fire. No fireplaces should be lit between April 1st through October 1st, each year. Firewood IS NOT provided by the owners; however, it can be purchased at local stations and food stores.
10. Housekeeping– All units are cleaned by independent contractors and not employees of Snow Mountain Properties. If you have a housekeeping issue, you can discuss them with our staff if you discover an issue after check-in. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT discuss housekeeping issues after your departure. It is very difficult to say the least for us to make any determination on an housekeeping matter after check-out. We do inspect each unit prior to guest arrival and make every attempt to have all items cleaned to your satisfaction. The monies you pay in housekeeping fees are only collected and dispersed to the individual cleaning contractor. Beds (except sofa beds) are made prior to your arrival. Daily maid service is not provided and guests are expected to launder towels, etc. as needed during their stay.
11. Hot Tubs– All hot tubs are drained, cleaned, sanitized, and refilled with water and bromine tablets added to prepare the hot tub for your use. Using any type of whirlpool or jetted hot tub carries with it some serious risk. If you are not sure about your possible reaction in a hot tub, please consult your physician or health care professional and consult with them about hot tub usage. Some individuals may have an allergic reaction to “brominating tablets” that are placed in the hot tub after each cleaning. You may want to consult a physician or a health care professional prior to use in a hot tub. Snow Mountain Properties assumes no risk or responsibility if anyone has an allergic or other reaction related in the use of a hot tub.
12. Trash Removal– Trash removal will be completed from each unit at the end of each reservation. Please do not allow outside containers to overflow due to bear & animal problems. Daily trash removal is not provided; however, guests may use the dumpster behind the office at Snow Mountain Properties to dispose of any additional or excess trash during their stay.
13. Pest Control– All attempts are made either through pest control agencies or other means to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay are made. NO REFUNDS will be made due to pest problems. In the event of an infestation please call our office 276-398-3535 and every attempt will be made to solve the problem.
14. Winter Weather & Road Conditions During Inclement Weather– In winter, road conditions can change quickly, though, in recent years, our weather is ordinarily fine. Nevertheless, come prepared with possible chains, four wheel or all-wheel drive, etc., to ensure a safe and healthy visit during the winter months.
15. Liability-Snow Mountain Properties assumes no responsibility or liability for injuries, or incident where the cause in part or wholly could be established toward building construction with respect to the standards of an y building code. Units are not child proofed and it is the sole responsibility of parents, guardian, chaperones, etc. This rental program is under the management of Snow Mountain Properties who acts only as an agent for the owners. Under no circumstances will management be responsible for any loss, expense, damage, claim, injury, direct or indirect, consequential or otherwise caused incurred, as a result of any delays, substitutions, rescheduling, or changes in the provisions of accommodations by Snow Mountain Properties rentals or by any reason of acts of God, or by agents, employees, subcontractors, third parties, or as substitute. Snow Mountain Properties reserves the right to refuse or discontinue service to any person and/or rescind any contract for accommodations or guest services. All properties are privately owned: management will not be responsible for accidents or injury to guest or for loss of money, jewelry or valuables of any kind. If Snow Mountain Properties must seek remedy in court for any reason, their attorney’s fees and the attorney fees of their subsidiaries and court costs will be paid by the customer.
16. Non-Smoking– All Snow Mountain Properties are nonsmoking. Guest can utilize outside areas including decks, porches, etc. for smoking. Please do not discard cigarette butts on decks or porches unless there is a butt can available.
17. Appliances/Amenities– Snow Mountain Properties cannot guarantee that all appliances, hot tubs, hot water heaters, fireplaces, electronic games, etc. will be in working order 100% of the time during your stay. All our units are thoroughly checked prior to your arrival to ensure that electrical/mechanical items are working properly.
18. Furnishings– Do not move furniture, pool tables, etc. You will be charged for any rearranging of furniture or game table repositioning.
19. Individual Rental Units– The overnight property managed by Snow Mountain Properties are privately owned and decorated and furnished to the enjoyment and needs of each individual owner. Although, we make every attempt with our owners to outfit all units with identical or like amenities, some properties will have more amenities than others. All we can ask our guests is that you identify any special considerations you may need while visiting here on the Blue Ridge Parkway.